Parent Code of ConductUpdated Wednesday December 16, 2015 by Leopard Lacrosse.
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
The Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse program recognizes the importance of a sense of community and family among those who play, coach, participate in, and follow youth lacrosse. Often times, you will hear our teams shout “family” at practices and games. The goal of the Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse program is to maximize the opportunity for each participant to enjoy the game of lacrosse and to learn and develop individual and team skills. It is important for all who take part to be exposed to positive experiences and protected from negative ones.
Our Code of Conduct applies to coaches, players, and parents in whose hands the welfare of the game, the players, and the Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse program is placed. Individuals participating in Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse assume certain responsibilities and obligations to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on themselves, their team, the sport of lacrosse, and our program. The goals of our program are intended to encourage our players to succeed on and off the field through team commitment and friendships, improving skills, physical fitness, good sportsmanship, respectful behavior, and positive citizenship. All of our players’, coaches’, and parents’ conduct should foster the goals of the Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse program. Players, coaches, and parents will not act in a way that demonstrates disrespect for the game, officials, players, coaches, or parents of the Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse teams and those of the opposing teams.
Each participant shall abide by this Code of Conduct. Failure to adhere to this Code of Conduct may result in: sanctions, or suspension or dismissal from participation in or attendance at any Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse event, including games, practices, and team outings. The Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse program reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to dismiss anyone from the program at any time behavior is deemed unacceptable.
If any player, coach, or parent in the Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse program believes this Code of Conduct has been violated, they have the right to, and should, report the alleged violation to any Board Member of the Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse program.
Parents are critical to the success and reputation of the Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse program. Parental encouragement and leadership keeps our lacrosse fields safe, friendly, and fun. Parents are also the most important role models in their children’s lives. Parents who accept and work to the guidelines with this Code of Conduct are accepting their responsibility to their children, their children’s coaches and teammates, their families, and other colleagues within the game.
The following statements set out the overriding principles that parents are to adhere to so as to ensure that taking part in the Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse program is a positive experience for all:
1. I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, other parents, and officials.
2. I will encourage my child to play by the rules and respect the rights of other players, coaches, officials, and other participants.
3. I will help my child follow the players’ Code of Conduct and team rules.
4. I understand that my child’s availability for practices and games is a critical part of the success of the team. I will ensure that my child timely attends all scheduled practices and games. If my child is unable to attend a scheduled practice or game, I will ensure that the coach receives reasonable advance notice.
5. I will pick up my child promptly at the conclusion of practices and/or games.
6. I will encourage and assist my child to be responsible for bringing and wearing all of the necessary and required equipment for lacrosse to practices and games.
7. I will not post on any social media site with the intent to initiate, hurt, intimidate or humiliate any player, coach, official, another parent, program administrator, or spectator. I understand that the posting of negative, demeaning or derogatory comments will not be tolerated and that these acts shall be considered harassment and may result in the immediate removal from the Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse program. Furthermore, if I see anything of concern from or about an official, coach, player, or club member on a social media site, I will immediately contact my child’s coach or the Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse Board. As a parent, I understand that I am accountable for the actions of my child on social media sites. I will stress to my child the importance of proper conduct on these sites and provide parental oversight to prevent any type of cyber-bullying by my child.
8. I accept the authority of my child’s coach to determine strategy, practice planning, and player selection.
9. I will encourage my child during practices and/or games, but I will leave the coaching to the coach and refrain from instructing players on the field.
10. I will keep coaches informed if my child has any physical or personal situation to better allow the coach to coach my child.
11. I will have available at games and practices any medications, such as inhalers, my child requires.
12. I will advocate a positive environment and refrain from abusive, obscene or profane language at all times.
13. I understand that I am encouraged to ask questions and address any concerns I have regarding my child. I agree that any discussions will take place at the appropriate time and place and never during a game or practice or in the presence of any players. I will phone, e-mail or ask to speak with a Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse Board Member privately regarding any concerns or disagreements I have.
14. I will keep current with all financial responsibilities to the Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse program.
15. I understand and will support the Conduct Violations associated with these adherences and Code of Conduct.
|Parent's Code of Conduct (Lovejoy Lacrosse).pdf|