Financial AssistanceUpdated Wednesday August 3, 2016 by Lovejoy Leopards Lacrosse.
Financial Assistance Policy, Procedures & Guidelines
It is the goal of Lovejoy Lacrosse to make lacrosse available to all willing participants, regardless of economic status or ability to pay. We recognize that the combined cost of player registration fees and the purchase of lacrosse equipment and other expenses is significant. If these costs are a burden, Lovejoy Lacrosse is prepared to provide assistance when possible.
For these reasons, Lovejoy Lacrosse is willing to consider a limited number of financial assistance awards based on need in specific instances. Our financial assistance program allows for either a payment plan or a reduction in registration fees. We consider these financial assistance awards as a two-way street, and any recipient of financial assistance will be required to volunteer for Lovejoy Lacrosse. A list of volunteer opportunities will be made available upon request.
The financial assistance offered by Lovejoy Lacrosse is only available for high school registration fees. Recipients of these awards are still expected to pay and are responsible for any additional expenses associated with their team, including, but not limited to, the player’s U.S. Lacrosse membership fee and/or the cost of the player’s own equipment (Lovejoy Lacrosse does have a limited amount of rental equipment available).
In order to apply for financial assistance, a player/family must apply by filling out the Lovejoy Lacrosse Financial Assistance Application. A copy of the application is attached below and can be printed out, completed, and returned to Lovejoy Lacrosse at the following email address: email@example.com.
Any inquiry and/or application submitted for financial assistance will be kept in strict confidence by Lovejoy Lacrosse. All financial assistance applications submitted will be reviewed, approved, or rejected by the Lovejoy Lacrosse Board of Directors.
Specific requirements for financial assistance eligibility include:
· Player must meet the eligibility requirements to play high school lacrosse for the Lovejoy Lacrosse program.
· Player must attend a minimum of 80% of scheduled practices and games.
· Player and at least one family member must participate in at least one (1) volunteer opportunity during the scholarship season.
· The Lovejoy Lacrosse Financial Assistance Application must be completed by a parent, guardian or head of household, with all requested information provided (incomplete applications will not be considered).
Priority for the financial assistance will be given to eligible players meeting one or more of the criteria below:
· Receiving assistance from safety-net programs such as: Food Stamps, Medicaid, SSI, Foster Care, WIC, etc. (Applicant must provide written documentation of participation in these programs to receive priority status.)
· Living in a single-parent home.
· Member of a multi-child household.
· No record of serious disciplinary or legal behavioral problems.
· Maintenance of a cumulative Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale)
· Returning lacrosse players, number of years player has played for Lovejoy Lacrosse, and to applicants whose primary sport is lacrosse.
Approval of a financial assistance award does not actually register the player in the activity. The player must still register with Lovejoy Lacrosse through the normal registration process.
It is within the sole discretion of the Lovejoy Lacrosse Board of Directors to award and to remove financial aid. Applicants that do not meet the eligibility requirements and/or the volunteer obligations are subject to having their award removed, being billed for the remainder of their registration fees, and will be ineligible for any further financial aid assistance for a period of one (1) year.
For questions about our financial assistance program or to donate to our financial assistance fund, please email Lovejoy Lacrosse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Financial Assistance Application (Lovejoy Lacrosse).pdf|